The First Presbyterian Church of Tuckerton was organized on January 30, 1859 by the Reverend Samuel Miller, D.D. and the Reverend Allen H. Brown. The congregation first met in the Temperance Beneficial Hall. The founding members of the church were Mr. Joseph B. Sapp, Mr. George A. Sawyer, Mrs. Sarah Darby, Mrs. Mary Adams, and Mrs. Ann Mapps. It is unprecedented that Mrs. Mapps was a member, as she was African American and this was during the time of the Civil War.
210 East Main Street Tuckerton 08087