Our congregation had its beginning in 1842, when Thomas Hunt of Brooklyn bought a tract of 177 acres on what was then called Rumson Neck. He decided to start a commercial venture a village to be called Port Washington, and to build several small houses, a hotel, a dock and a church, wanting to take advantage of the economic opportunity offered by the steamship line operating on the Shrewsbury River to New York. The church was built for the summer guests of Mr. Hunt’s Port Washington Pavilion Hotel. This first building was a non-denominational church and it still stands today, known as Bingham Hall, which is now owned and operated by the Borough of Rumson, having been sold to the town of Rumson in 1956.
East River Road and Park Avenue PO Box 399 Rumson 07760