During the summer of 1882, a vacationing Presbyterian minister from Elizabeth, New Jersey, the Rev. Charles A. Knox, D.D., invited some local families to worship in his summer Jersey Shore home. The Point Pleasant Presbyterian Church was formally organized on October 22, 1882. This was about the same time the community of Point Pleasant Beach was being incorporated as a municipality.
701 Forman Avenue Point Pleasant Beach 08742