Early in the fall of 1883, the Presbytery of Monmouth was petitioned to organize a Presbyterian church in Long Branch, New Jersey. From that petition, the First Presbyterian Church now located at the corner of Cedar and Hoey Avenues came into being on December 28th of that year. The church was formally organized with forty members and first met in Library Hall. Arrangements were for supply pastors by the students of Princeton Seminary .Services were held in this location for almost a year and a half.
167 Cedar Avenue Long Branch 07740