The Presbyterian Church at Shrewsbury is seeking a part-time (15 hours per week) Director of Christian Education. We are looking for a dynamic, resourceful and creative person who will promote and grow our Christian Education program for children and adults. Our church offers a vibrant worship, fellowship and spiritual life, for every person, for every generation. We live our faith by nurturing spiritual life in our daily lives. We accept, embrace, and welcome all persons.
Primary responsibilities for the position include:
- Recruit, inspire, train, support and manage volunteers.
- Coordinate Baptisms, Nursery, Sunday School classes, Confirmation, Vacation Bible School, Youth Groups and Special Events (Rally Day, Christmas Pageant, Easter Egg Hunt and Youth Sunday).
- Work closely with the Pastor to develop and resource adult education programs.
- Interact with parents on a wide variety of issues in accordance with our confidentiality policy.
- Communicate on a regular basis with parents, volunteers, staff and other church committees.
- Work with the CE Committee to plan and develop all Christian Education programs.
- Maintain adherence to the Safe Child Policy
- Work hours include Sunday mornings, scheduled office hours, staff meetings and CE meetings.
- Use social media platforms to increase community awareness of our Christian Education offerings.
- Implement creative ideas to increase participation in our Christian Education ministry.
Qualifications for this position are:
- Must have a 4-year college degree and experience working with children.
- Must have a strong Christian faith, church-based experienced preferred.
- Must be a person who loves to work with children of all ages.
- Must have good social, communication, leadership and organizational skills.
- Must be motivated, people oriented, a team player and interested in overseeing and nurturing children.
- Must be flexible, open-minded, and possess a creative spirit to try new ideas.
- Office experience a plus including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient use of social media platforms.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to organize and keep accurate and detailed records.
Qualified candidates should send their resume along with a cover letter to:
Billie McNally, Office Administrator: [email protected]