The Peace and Global Witness Offering is received by many congregations on World Communion Sunday, celebrated the first Sunday in October. Each congregation may retain a portion of the offering for appropriate use. The remaining portion is made available to synods, presbyteries and General Assembly for appropriate use.
The Presbytery of Monmouth’s portion of the Peacemaking Offering is administered by the Mission Working Group and is available for use as follows:
- Respond to specific requests by congregations and other groups in the church for assistance as they do peacemaking.
- Provide opportunities for peacemaking leaders and staff to visit the presbytery and congregations to preach and conduct training events, workshops, and retreats.
- Provide need-based scholarships for peace and justice conferences and seminars.
- Completed request form.
- Congregations requesting assistance shall have participated in the most recent Peace and Global Witness Offering.
- Those receiving assistance shall report back their experience to Presbytery, and be available for speaking to the Presbytery or other congregations.