Mine Hill Presbyterian Church
Pastor Position Description
Staff Position: Part-time Covenant Supply Pastor
Purpose: To provide pastoral leadership to the members and friends of the Mine Hill Presbyterian Church
Accountability: Presbytery of Newton
- To prepare for and lead the weekly Christian worship, deliver a sermon and administer the sacraments at designated times.
- To assist in the recruiting of prospective members and provide orientation for new members.
- Pastoral visitation as needed, including the administration of the Sacrament of the Lord’s Supper to the sick and shut-ins.
- Attend church events and gatherings when possible, including fellowship hour following the Sunday worship.
- To provide church representation at community affairs when requested.
- To officiate at congregational weddings, baptisms and funerals. This includes pre-wedding counseling, baptismal counseling and meeting with family members making funeral arrangements.
- To participate in ecumenical and seasonal services when requested.
- To moderate the meetings of Session and the congregation; to be a resource for the governing bodies of the church.
- To attend Stated Meetings of the Presbytery.
- Hold weekly office hours on Wednesday during the time the church Thrift Shop is open.
Time Usage: Fifteen (15) hours per week
If you are interested please send your PIF to Jeanne Radak, Presbytery Leader, [email protected]