|The Presbyterian Church at Shrewsbury – Shrewsbury, NJ
Position Status: Part Time (Up to 25 hours per week) at $12 per hour
Reports To: Pastor; and Chair of Facilities Management Committee
Position: Responsible for the appearance, cleanliness, and general maintenance of the Sanctuary and Church House (offices, classrooms, meeting rooms) buildings.
Experience: Previous custodial background including the following specific areas of knowledge: floor/carpet cleaning, basic plumbing, electrical and HVAC systems. Additional experience as a handyman is a plus.
Position Requirements/Job Skills:
Keep buildings clean, attractive and well maintained, inside and out.
- Order paper, cleaning supplies, and other basic items for cleaning and maintaining the facilities.
- Maintain attractive grounds, performing basic functions as care of flowerbeds, shoveling snow, arranging for snow to be removed from the parking lot, and other maintenance duties.
- Perform minor repairs, including but not limited to masonry, electrical systems, plumbing and immediate temporary repairs in an emergency.
- Set up and take down chairs, tables, and other equipment as needed for groups, classes and meetings; and moving furniture and equipment.
- Lock and unlock buildings and rooms as necessary to maintain ongoing operations and a secure environment.
- Regular, timely attendance during stated or negotiated hours, which may include evening hours, holidays and weekends.
- Available and on call to the Pastor and Chair of Facilities Management Committee on a 24-hour, seven day a week basis for emergencies.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds and to have complete mobility in building and grounds activities including operation of equipment such as floor buffers, lifting and emptying trash cans, bending over to clean bathroom facilities, cleaning kitchens, working on a ladder for such tasks as changing light bulbs and cleaning windows.
- General building maintenance including: painting, carpet/flooring repairs, and other light repair work.
- Must be able to walk, stand, sit, kneel and climb as required to fulfill the requirements of this position. Some work may be for prolonged or extended periods of time.
- Must be able to climb and work off ladders or lifting devices to a height of 20 feet.
- Perform other work as assigned by the Pastor and Chair of Facilities Management.
Required experience: Previous custodial background (1 year minimum).
References and Background Check: Required.
Contact: Lisa Barnes
Chair, Personnel Committee
The Presbyterian Church at Shrewsbury
452 Shrewsbury Avenue
Shrewsbury, N.J. 07702
Email: [email protected]