Community Presbyterian Church of Mountainside
Interim Pastor Opportunity
The Community Presbyterian Church of Mountainside is seeking to engage a temporary pastor to assist the church in the transition, following the retirement of our minister, to the engagement of a new permanent pastor.
Our church, located in Union County New Jersey, is approximately 25 miles west of New York City, in a quiet small suburban setting. Our current membership is approximately 300. We have a choir composed of 20 well trained voices lead by an accomplished music director. We offer services to our congregation and community including: adult bible study, youth education, nursery school, women’s association, men’s group, and sponsorship of a Boy Scout troop. We provide meeting facilities for: a community senior citizens group, local AA and NA groups.
Please refer to our website for additional information: www.cpcmountainside.com.
- Graduate of a nationally recognized seminary or divinity school • Ordained by PC USA and in good standing
- Experience as a called pastor and/or interim pastor
- Must have completed Interim Ministry training
- Experience as head of staff
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Effective Pastoral Care skills
- Possessed of mature Presbyterian theology and desire/ability to inspire congregation with same inworship setting and other pastoral engagements
The pastor will be responsible to:
- Lead worship and preach at regular Sunday services; arrange for substitute preachers on any Sunday not present
- Moderate session and congregational meetings
- Attend Trustee meetings
- Attend Deacon meetings
- To assist in the technology initiatives being used to communicate with the congregation
- Serve as Head of Staff
- Provide pastoral care; officiate at weddings and funerals
- Lead new member classes
- Train lay leadership; work with committee chairs
- Help the congregation with the transition to a new pastor.
- Enable the Session to identify current issues they face and develop ways of resolving them
- Lead the Session through a goal-setting process, thereby developing a vision for the future
- Help to identify skills needed by the future Pastor to insure clarity of roles and expectations
- Prepare the congregation for the arrival of a new minister
- Represent the church in dealing with outside organizations
- Pray for the church
HOW TO APPLY: Send PIF to: Gregory Meissner email@example.com