Witherspoon Street Presbyterian Church
Transitional Pastor Position Description
Witherspoon Street Presbyterian Church (WSPC) is currently seeking a Transitional Pastor to serve our congregation while we search for a Designated Pastor. The church is located at 124 Witherspoon Street, Princeton, NJ 08542 (near Princeton University) and has a membership of about 118. WSPC has been a church home for generations of Princetonians for more than 175 years.
The Transitional Pastor will work 18 hours per week and will be responsible for:
- Planning and presiding at all Sunday worship services, communion, weddings, baptism and funerals. This planning will include writing the liturgy, prayers, sermons, youth sermons and bulletins;
- Offering pastoral care including conducting hospital visits, making bereavement visits, bringing communion to shut-ins;
- Moderating the monthly Session meeting
- Assisting the congregation through the pastor nominating process;
- Overseeing other administration activities including staff (3) supervision, financial review and communication within and outside of the congregations.
This 6-month position salary is commensurate with Presbytery guidelines and may be renewed. A manse may be available for housing in Princeton (approximately five minutes from the church).
Preferred candidates are ordained and PCUSA pastors.
For more information, contact Gerald Delk by email: Witherspoonfinance@verizon.net or telephone: 609-319-0730.