- Jacksonville Presbyterian Church, Bordentown, NJ
- Plumsted Presbyterian Church, New Egypt, NJ
- Trinity Presbyterian Church, East Brunswick, NJ
This honor speaks to the great commitment that these congregations have to caring for God’s earth. To become an Earth Care Congregation, these churches affirmed the Earth Care Pledge to integrate environmental practices and thinking into all facets of their church life. They also completed projects and activities in the fields of worship, education, facilities, and outreach.
The Earth Care Congregation certification is designed to recognize churches that have made the commitment to take seriously God’s charge to “till and keep” the garden.
The Earth Care Congregations program was started in 2010 by PC(USA) Environmental Ministries. The goal of the program is to inspire churches to care for God’s earth in a holistic way, through integrating earth care into all of church life. The Earth Care Congregation certification honors churches that made that commitment, and encourages others to follow their lead.
In many presbyteries, the congregations are lifted up at a presbytery meeting during prayers of celebration or announcement time, or even re-presented with the certificate that they receive from this office certifying them as a PCUSA Earth Care Congregation.
For more information on the earth care program at the churches, please use the contact information provided below:
- Jacksonville Presbyterian Church: Dana Eglinton at email@example.com or 609-261-9069
- Plumsted Presbyterian Church: Margaret Neuman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 609-758-7237
- Trinity Presbyterian Church, East Brunswick: Debbie O’Halloran at email@example.com or 732-249-4853 (church office 732-257-6636)
For more information on the Earth Care Congregations program, go to www.pcusa.org/earth-care-congregations.