The Presbytery of New Brunswick
is currently searching for an Executive Director.
To pursue this opportunity,
please email your cover letter, current resume and references
Please Note: This position is open to teaching and ruling elders outside the bounds of the New Brunswick Presbytery. The Search Committee respectfully declines the opportunity to receive resumes from members within its own presbytery.
This two year position is responsible for the overall management and supervision of the New Brunswick presbytery. The Executive Director reports to the Transition Task Force, serves as advisor to Administrative Commission, and is to be reviewed by the Personnel Committee. He/she will have supervision over all presbytery staff. In conjunction with the treasurer, the Executive Director will oversee budget and ensure the presbytery’s resources are being used effectively. The Executive Director is to function as the primary representative of the presbytery. As its spokesperson, he/she should establish and maintain a social media presence, participate in presbytery meetings, engage when possible with the congregations of the presbytery and help facilitate a network of communication with ordained leaders who are retired and/or in specialized ministries.
The Executive Director is required to perform her/his duties in good faith, with ordinary care and in the best interest of the New Brunswick presbytery.
Support and assist the work of the Transition Task Force, working cooperatively with task force members to develop strategic direction and assistance in its implementation.
Serve as ex-officio of each presbytery committee or cabinet – maintaining contact with each and presence at their meetings whenever possible.
Supervise presbytery staff, providing feedback to the Personnel Committee as appropriate.
Oversee presbytery financial resources in conjunction with the treasurer; investigate additional funding resources including grant writing.
Nurture an environment within the presbytery that is collaborative, collegial and creative through the development of relationships with minister members and congregations, leadership at presbytery meetings and presence at presbytery events whenever possible.
Empower congregational leaders to assess church vitality and assets including property, helping to resource emerging congregational issues as appropriate.
Deepen and refine all aspects of communication from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger interconnectional community.
Develop and maintain relationships within both the synod and national church, providing presence when appropriate.
– Active membership in the PC(USA)
– Strong working knowledge of PC(USA) polity
– Advanced degree
– Demonstrated proficiency in web-based communications
– Familiarity with accounting practices
– Proven excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage and develop teams, set and achieve strategic objectives and manage budget
– Demonstrated success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate Board relationships
– Strong written and verbal communication skills; persuasive and passionate communication with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
– Action oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable and innovate approach
– Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
– Strong faith, passion, integrity, positive attitude, mission driven and self-directed.
The Executive Director is a three quarter time position with a salary range of $55,000-$65,000, not including business expenses. There are no benefits.