Basking Ridge Presbyterian Church
DIRECTOR OF MINISTRY TO YOUTH, YOUNG ADULTS AND THEIR FAMILIES
The full-time Director of Ministry to Youth, Young Adults and their Families provides leadership and inspiration in support of God’s call for our church to embrace, minister to and empower youth and young adults in our midst, consistent with the mission of our local church family, our Presbyterian faith and the culture of our Basking Ridge community. While respecting our rich history, the director works with volunteer leaders and youth to re-imagine and lead programs in ways that connect with today’s youth and young adults. He/she encourages, motivates and engages with each of these groups in ways that help our youth and young adults grow into devoted followers of Christ and active participants in the life of Basking Ridge Presbyterian Church.
- Provides strong leadership to the existing middle school and high school programs, implementing a vision for new and relevant ministry that better meets the needs of youth today.
- Welcomes and enthusiastically includes all youth in our church and intentionally welcomes youth in our larger community to participate in our youth ministry programs.
- Works with and provides support to the families of church youth.
- Identifies, implements and leads programming for young adults, college-aged and beyond.
- Recruits, leads and visions/plans with youth group advisors, leaders and volunteers for each level of the program.
- Works in partnership with the Youth and Young Adult Council on all aspects of the program, including visioning/re-imagining the future of this ministry.
- Engages in the local community, supporting BRPC youth at school and athletic events.
- Takes responsibility for administrative details of the programs including publicity, communications, documentation and record keeping, and budgets.
- Creates programming and provides leadership centered on BRPC’s Four Pillars for the Youth and Young Adult Ministry (see next page).
ACCOUNTABILITY, EXPECTATIONS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- The Director of Ministry to Youth, Young Adults and their Families reports to the Senior Pastor, Head of Staff.
- This position is a full time ministry with the expectation of an average time commitment of 40+ hours per week.
- Qualifications required for position include strong Christian faith; experience connecting with, inspiring and leading youth and young adult programs; exemplary organizational skills; bachelor’s degree.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
BRPC’s FOUR PILLARS FOR THE YOUTH AND YOUNG ADULT MINISTRY
- Attends worship services regularly and shares leadership with members of the pastoral staff.
- Promotes youth and young adult involvement in worship services, connecting them with opportunities to lead prayers, read Scripture, sing in choir, usher, greet and more.
- Grows youth and young adult fellowship programs in participation, enthusiasm and excellence.
- Fosters relationships with and among youth, young adults, advisors and leaders of the church.
- Meets regularly with the advisors of middle school and high school fellowship groups to ensure that they take ownership of the program and feel nourished and equipped to lead.
- Leads the Senior High Youth Council of student leaders who take ownership and feel pride for helping to build and sustain the church’s youth programs.
- Spearheads outreach activities for college-age students to keep them connected to one another and to our church.
- Plans and schedules experiences to bring young adults of BRPC and the community into relationships with one another and with God.
- Lives out his/her own Christian faith, and leads this ministry in such a way that it nurtures the faith of our young people and increases their knowledge and love of God.
- Coordinates leadership for the middle school “Bibles and Bagels” Sunday school class.
- Provides vision and coordination for the 9th Grade Confirmation class.
- Initiates and leads a Senior High Bible study.
- Nurtures a faith-based program that reaches out to, engages and inspires a wide range of young adults in various stages of their faith journey.
- Through a combination of programs, events and personal conversations, supports parents as the primary leaders and guides of their children’s spiritual lives.
- Serves as the organizational and spiritual leader of the Senior High Maine Work camp trip and other youth mission projects, assuring that these programs are well organized, and provide meaningful opportunities for our youth to grow in their Christian faith and to serve God and neighbor.
- Supports the church’s local hands-on mission initiatives and engages youth in those ministries.