Temporary/Interim Pastor, Full-time – Lamington Presbyterian Church
Nestled among the rolling hills of Somerset and Hunterdon counties, this historic church is located in the village of Lamington in the township of Bedminster, New Jersey. Surrounding the church are gorgeous equestrian estates and farms. LPC draws families from many surrounding communities with a mix of suburban and rural towns. Land conservation is very important here and you can see “preserved farmland” signs dotting the landscape. Sophisticated country living, great schools and easy access to major highways make this a very desirable place to live, work, and raise a family.
We describe ourselves as a Family of Faith Wrapping our Arms around God’s World and Making Jesus Christ a Way of Life: Through Worship as we Praise and Glorify God; through Mission, as we Embody God’s Love in Service to the World; through Study, as we Listen for God’s Word in Body, Spirit and Mind; through Giving, as we express Gratitude to God; through Fellowship, as we Love and Care for one another.
We are seeking a Temporary Pastor to assist us in our transition by helping us get in touch with our history and work the loss of our pastor, enabling us to identify the current issues we face, and develop ways to resolve them, helping us deal with our leadership style and use of power, assisting the congregation and our leaders to strengthen our relationship with the presbytery and PCUSA, and preparing us for the arrival of a new pastor. In addition to these interim tasks, our Temporary Pastor’s responsibilities will include:
● Preaching. Inspiring, thought provoking preaching that links the Bible’s teachings to modern life is the cornerstone of our traditionally focused worship service.
● Pastoral care. Counseling, home and hospital visits, sharing of joys and sorrows.
• ● Teach confirmation class with help from church families.
• ● Sincerity, compassion and warmth
• ● Ability to immediately step into leadership role.
• ● Sense of humor and enjoyment of people and fellowship.
• ● Good communication skills both oral and written.
• ● Interest in both families and older adults.
• ● Ability and ease is talking about church’s monetary needs.
• ● Respectful of church traditions while encouraging new ideas in worship, education, mission, and fellowship.
Temporary/Interim Pastor, Part-time – First Presbyterian Church of Roselle
The First Presbyterian Church of Roselle is seeking a part-time Temporary Pastor. First Roselle is a diverse community, and is quick to laugh and to support one another. In her almost 150 year history, she’s had a total of 6 installed pastors. We describe ourselves as “the church of misfit toys”, and are looking for an Interim who will embrace that description!
Our interim will
1) Lead worship on Sunday mornings as well as special services (as determined by the Session)
2) Moderate and provide leadership to the Session.
3) In conjunction with the Session, will equip and enable the congregation to serve the church and community.
4) Provide opportunities for Christian nurture, education and growth.
5) Provide for the pastoral care of the church family.
6) Assist the Church in its Transition by:
a. Help the congregation get in touch with its history and work through the grief process that usually follows the loss of a minister.
b. Enable the congregation to identify the current issues they face and develop ways of resolving them.
c. Enable the congregation to deal with its leadership style and the use of power within its life and work.
d. Assist the congregation and its leadership to strengthen their relationships with the Presbytery of Elizabeth and the Presbyterian Church (USA), and become increasingly aware of the resources that are available from each of the governing bodies.
e. Prepare the congregation for the arrival of the new pastor.
The Session is willing to be highly flexible and to work with the right candidate in terms of working with their strengths and preferences. We expect the position to take between 20 – 30 hrs per week, depending on meetings, activities, etc. and realize that with half-time ministry this will require all parties to be open about needs and to also be adaptable!
Salary: Presbytery minimum (housing allowance), adjusted to reflect half-time ministry.
Interested candidates can send PIFs to Transitional Leader, Cheryl Galan email@example.com