PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH (U.S.A.)
OFFICE OF THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY
Position Title: Manager of Administration for the Office of the General Assembly
Entity: Office of the General Assembly Status: Exempt
Department: Ecclesial and Ecumenical Ministries Revision Date: 5/29/15
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: To provide administrative leadership within the Office of the General Assembly in the areas of human resources, financial management and policy.
REPORTS TO: The Stated Clerk of the General Assembly
SUPERVISES: Senior Administrative Assistant – Human Resources
BUDGET ACCOUNTABILITY: Personnel Budget
LIST UP TO TEN (10) DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (in order of importance) of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinates all human resources functions of the Office of the General Assembly in collaboration with the Human Resource Office of the Presbyterian Mission Agencyand PC(USA) General Counsel as necessary.
- Maintains all policies of the Office of the General Assembly
- Coordinates the financial management of the Office of the General Assembly including but not limited to: budget development, funds development and internal and external reports
- Coordinates and promotes the Office of the General Assembly response to minority vendor and hiring iniatives of the General Assembly.
- Travel to the site of the biennial meeting of the General Assembly as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Undergraduate and/or graduate degree in business administration, management, human resources, and/or theology OR its equivalent however it was acquired.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills: Significant administrative leadership with experience in office operations; budget development; personnel administration; problem solving; team building and interpersonal relations.
Sensory or Physical Requirements: Physical/emotional stamina/sense of humor essential; ability to travel to out of town meetings
Knowledge of: Extensive knowledge of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), in particular the role and function of the agencies of the General Assembly and their relationship to mid-councils.
We have reviewed this position description and believe it to be accurate.
Employee’s signature Date Supervisor’s signature Date
The Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) retains the discretion to add or change the function, responsibilities, and/or minimum qualifications for this position at any time.