April 28th Monmouth Presbytery Highlights
Meeting was held at Hope Presbyterian Church in Lakewood
- The Rev. Carl Wilton, Stated Clerk, reported that Rev. Rebecca Gresham-Kesner was ordained on March 8th, 2015 at the Forked River Presbyterian Church, and was transferred to the Presbytery of South Dakota to take up service as Pastor of the First Presbyterian Church of Mitchell, South Dakota.
- Wendy Bailey spoke to the Presbytery about pastoral authenticity that displays itself as real, relevant and relational.
- Wendy and another Mission Council member will soon be visiting church session groups over the next several weeks.
- Ruling Elder Dan Raisch reported on behalf of the Committee on Ministry.
- The Committee authorized the Rev. Diane Ford to candidate for the position of installed pastor of the Lincroft Presbyterian Church. After examination, it was moved and carried that, upon transfer from the Presbytery of Sacramento, Ms. Ford be received as a member of the Presbytery of Monmouth.
- The Committee, acting as the Presbytery, approved the contract between the Rev. Terry Fouse and the Session of the First Presbyterian Church of Bordentown for part-time services as Temporary Pastor.
- It was moved and carried to approve the interim-pastor contract between Rev. George Betz and the Session of Millstone Presbyterian Church of Perrineville.
- The Rev. Dana Eglinton, on behalf of the Mission Working Group, told of plans under way for a Mission Fair to be held at the November Presbytery meeting in Jamesburg.
- The Rev. Terry Chapman extended an invitation to upcoming retreats sponsored by the Sabbath House in Plumsted, Monday, May 18th and June 15th 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.