Gathering mission info is a work in process, but some is already available on our presbytery website and more is on the way. Here is how to find it:
- Mission Ideas and Opportunities: find mission initiatives developed by the PCUSA and its partners. Examples include Cents-Ability and Enough for Everyone from the Presbyterian Hunger Program.
- Grassroots Initiatives: see mission initiatives developed by our congregations, e.g., Crested Crane Coffee from Forked River.
- Mission News: go here to see what’s new in mission.
- Mission Resources: find mission-related curricula, books, movies, websites, and newsletters.
- Mission Funding: go here to find funding sources for your congregation’s mission.
- Congregation Mission Narratives: every congregation has an overarching narrative for the mission it does—see others or share yours.
We have also set up some “tags” that function like indexes. Usually, these are broad concerns and are used so you can find everything related to that subject (initiatives, news, resources, funding). Here’s what we currently have:
- Action Alerts – requests for action, usually in the form of advocacy (including prayer requests for mission concerns)
- Churchwide Offerings – news and resources related to One Great Hour of Sharing, the Pentecost Offering, the Peacemaking Offering, and the Christmas Joy Offering
- Food for Thought
- Interfaith and Ecumenical
- World Mission